home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

oh, the tangled web we weave.


What I did today:
  1. I went to school for the pre-Leadership Training preparation.
  2. I "proxied" for the second year level rep (so I was an SC for a day..haha!) and ended up being a part of the Cordiality. It sounds important though I'm not exactly sure what it's for. Oh well.
  3. I slept from 1-6 pm. Woohoo! And I'm still quite sleepy. *yawn*
What I'm currently loving:
  1. Vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup! *yuuuuuuum!*
  2. Our Bangkok trip is fast approaching.
  3. The song "23" by Jimmy Eat World. And "Feeling A Moment" by Feeder. And "Halo" by Haley James-Scott.
Why I'm currently in love with 23:
  1. Because of the above-mentioned song. Oh, I looove it!
  2. It's Nathan Scott's jersey number! Aaaaah! :)
  3. Because there are two people who will be celebrating their birthdays on that day this April: Cars and Trixie! Mikka will celebrate hers too, only it's on the 22nd and she's in Tarlac. Oh well! Happy Birthday to you guys!
When I first heard 23, I was like, "Okay? Where's the song?!" because the instrumental part in the beginning took one and a half minutes! But when I heard the song, it actually gave meaning to the saying "It's worth the wait," because it is. After listening to it, I was left stunned simply because the melody was great and the lyrics was good. I know, I know, I've drooled over a lot of songs already but I say you must give this one a chance. It really IS good. It's quite long, yes, but the message is so beautiful. For seven whole minutes, I felt so connected, alone, happy, sad, confused -- all at the same time. I wanted everyone to hear the song and yet I felt like I just wanted the song to be mine. It's complicated but yeah, basically that's how it feels. Another song I'm currently loving is "Feeling A Moment" by Feeder. I believe I have posted some parts of the lyrics in my previous posts. Anyway, the message is actually simple but when you put the words and the melody together, it has woven such a wonderful song. It was played in the first episode of Season 3. I don't know if it's the song or if it's the scene in which it was played but somehow listening to it brings shivers to my spine. Especially the "wooh.. ooh.." part. Haha. =)

Is life really complicated or is it simple and WE just make it complicated? I guess I can pretty much say that I have pondered over that thought for quite some time now. At first I was sure that life is complicated. But when I look back at past experiences, I think I'm beginning to go to the other side. Maybe we really are the only ones making it hard for us. Basically life only gives us two answers to almost anything: A yes or a no, a right or a left, a good or a bad. But how come it seems so bad? Maybe because sometimes we don't take either way. I know some people who instead of jut choosing would rather make a way of their own. And I don't blame them because sometimes both ways are not okay for us. I honestly do that sometimes, you know, be a drama queen. And I don't know why I can't just say what I want to say or do what I have to do because more often than not I just do this whole hide-and-seek withmy feelings and I end up feeling worse. Then I complain, "Life sucks!" when in fact I know that there is a way out, I just don't know why I won't do it. And don't tell me you haven't felt this way ever. Oh, the tangled web we weave. Writing this paragraph will not answer my question, but how about you guys? What do you think? Is life really a jungle or do we just make it seem that way? Food for thought. =)

I just finished reading the 8th Gossip Girl installment. And all I can say is: whoa!! =)

BTW, the hot boytoy I posted in my previous entry is Nathan Scott. Now do you understand why I'm soooo in-love with him?! Waaah!


Can't get enough of him. Aaaah! *drool* =)


It was my turn to decide
I knew this was our time
No one else will have me like you do
No one else will have me, only you

You'll sit alone forever
If you wait for the right time
What are you hoping for?
I'm here I'm now I'm ready
Holding on tight
Don't give away the end
The one thing that stays mine"

-- 23 by Jimmy Eat World



________________________________________________________________