home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

First Day High version 2.0


Because of my colds, I've been feeling extremely indolent and tired for the past few days. I was even too lazy to open my computer [gasp!] -- until now. Basically I've been doing the best way to pass the time: sleeping. And now, all that sleeping is what's keeping me up tonight. So yeah, here I am.

How was your first day/week back for the new semester, people?

As for me, it was okay. Most of you probably know this: we started our classes last Friday. Corny, I know. What's one more weekend right? But being the nerdy girl that I am, I couldn't help feeling psyched too. One month away from my "second life" made me miss UP and Katipunan a lot. So despite my constant complaining, I was secretly excited as well. That cost me sleep during my first night back at the dorm. I kept tossing and turning like I did on the night of June 9th. I am such a geek.

First class was PE. Despite it being at eight in the morning, and being a usually-laughed-at choice, ["Folk dance?! Are you totally kidding me?" Uh, I'm totally not.] I was quite excited because I knew Ayiene and I are classmates! A good friend for a classmate is enough reason to pull me out of bed early in the morning. It was funny because I actually never noticed the dance area despite the many times I've been to the gym. It was this small little corner with mirrors on the wall, like those in an actual dance studio -- except that it's inside a gymnasium with only a net separating it from the court. Which makes it look a little bit out of place. While waiting for our professor, I giddily told Ayiene and Mariah about my ultimately kilig experience with Chris Tiu last October 10. Swooning over Chris Tiu first thing in the morning -- what a way to start my day! :) Soon, our professor arrived and checked our attendance. She told us her requirements and some reminders. Our final test would be tinikling! Woooh! I now have a reason to be thankful that I took our tinikling classes in fourth year seriously. Shortly after, we were dismissed.

I went straight to AS to meet with my CrEnggBB friends at our tambayan. I missed them a lot, but honestly, I didn't really feel like we were apart for a whole month [with the exception of my birthday celebration]. I don't know if it's because time flew by so quickly or because school really just has a way of creeping up to you and taking over your life right away. Luckily, I still had an hour or so to kill before my next class so we did a little catching up with each other.

At 10 o'clock was my Comm3 class. As I entered the room, I immediately saw a familiar face so I sat right next to him. And turns out, he was my classmate in Eng11. I knew it. We talked while we waited for our professor -- who by the way didn't show up. Surprisingly, in the short amount of time we chit-chatted, I found out a lot about him. I'm such a conversationalist, I'm starting to think maybe I'm not supposed to be a writer! His name's Keith, by the way. I made him promise to save me a seat next week. Haha.

A good friend of ours from high school, Cecile, and her dad, together with her classmate Karla C. [aka Karlaloveschocolate!] passed by UP last Friday. We ate together for lunch and did lots of catching up with each other. Her dad told us lots of stories about his UP life too and they really made us laugh. We asked them about their La Salle life so far and we compared how things are going on in our respective sides of Metro Manila. I found out that no matter what university you are in, terror Math teachers, girls wearing short-short-shorts and overly affectionate couples will always be present.

I rushed back to get to my Italian10 class at 1 pm. This was the one class that I was extremely looking forward to. Upon reaching CAL 502, I immediately saw two of my Kas-mates from the first sem, Justine and Nicole. Then came Karla U. [Inna's blockmate]. I was so surprised that a lot of people I knew would be taking this class as well. After a few more minutes of chitchatting, it suddenly and abruptly dawned on me that I was in the wrong class! I couldn't believe it! CAL 502 is for my CW10 class on Tuesday. Damn excitement. I quickly rushed out of the room after my epiphany and on my way out I saw Reg, Jan, and Enzo all going to CAL 502 as well -- for their English10 class! I briefly told them my little story and rushed downstairs to look for our room assignment [since Ital10's room was TBA]. Luckily, I saw my blockmate Cathy is my classmate in Italian10, and I asked her if she knew where our room was. CAL 504. What's with me and mistaken-classroom identity on the first days of class? I had a similar incident last sem too. I HOPE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN EVERY YEAR. I only get to pull out the "I'm Only A Freshman" card twice, you know, and I just consumed the last one. Anyway, our professor didn't show up either. Darn.

Because of my brilliant scheming, I'm only up to 2:30 [everyday people! 2:30! *insert evil laugh here*], so Inna and I decided to go back South after class. Instead of going home however, we went straight to MoA because our HS barkada suddenly had an impromptu date which surprisingly pushed through. We ate dinner at Pancake House and shared LOTS of kwentos and chismis, you know the usual -- especially from those who didn't attend my party. Amf. Haha. I had a great time. I miss them terribly.

So there. So much for my first day back at school. It isn't as colorful as I expected it to be, but oh well. I have a very good feeling about this upcoming sem. Now that I've tested the UP waters, hopefully I can make this sem way more awesome than the first one.


Ugh, the colds are kicking in once again. [*sniff sniff*] Thankfully, I'm starting to feel sleepy. Now I can doze off -- again.



________________________________________________________________