home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

I am sixteen, going on seventeen.


I've waited for forever to actually be able to sing that for real when I was a kid. Sound of Music was my favorite movie then and Liezl was my favorite character. And now, I can really sing it truthfully. Never again after tomorrow :P

Seveteen has always been portrayed by the media as the "epitome" of a teenage girl's life. It's at seventeen that girls in works of fiction get their first kiss, first dance, first boyfriend.. the usual firsts. And when I was a kid, I've always wanted to be seventeen right away because it just sounds so pretty. I really thought it was the "not-a-girl-not-yet-a-woman" age. It was depicted as something so.. exciting and life-changing.

Now that I'm a day away from being seventeen, well, to tell you honestly it doesn't feel like that. I don't see fireworks outside my window, I don't feel certain body parts arriving and transforming me into a real lady. I'm still me. And I'm pretty sure tomorrow I'm still going to be the same boring lazy person [haha]. To tell you honestly, tomorrow would be a real different birthday than the usual ones I have, and I don't know, I just don't feel like it won't be as exciting as it used to be because soooo many things have changed.

But, a birthday is a birthday. The world won't stop turning just because I don't feel like I'm ready to be seventeen yet. Tomorrow, I'm going to be seventeen. And I guess it's up to me if I'm going to just BE seventeen and leave it that way, or BE seventeen and have fun with it.

I'm choosing the latter. So, come on October 26. Bring on your birthday magic! I'ma rock 17.

[17 is Chris Tiu's jersey number by the way! ♥ Oh I'm soo gonna love this age!]



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
(tomorrow :P)



________________________________________________________________