home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

Almost 17.


"Sooo high school."

Our new expression when reminiscing about things in our past [a reminder that we had a pretty interesting life before college, LOL].

Last Saturday I went to my Trixie's house for an impromptu bonding session with my closest friends. It wasn't planned at all, in fact it was a spur-of-the-moment call by Trixie because she said she just missed us so much. I was not allowed to go at first because it was on short notice but because of my superior good-daughter skills [HAHA!], I was able to convince my mom to let me go. Mikka fetched me here in our house and we went to Trixie's together.

God, I missed them so much.

It was just the five of us: Trixie, Mikka, Tin, Nica, and me. Trixie invited the others as well but only the four of us showed up. I guess it was okay that it was only us because I missed hanging out with just "us." Not that I dislike our other friends. I love them all. But you know how in a barkada, there is always a core group, the ones you are really extremely close with? That's us. And it's been a while since it was just the five of us. I can't believe we haven't hung out in ages! We used to eat lunch together! Anyway, yesterday we did some serious catching up with each other.. over some Piattos and tocino. Haha. I miss those guys to deeeath.


with Trixie, Nica, Mikka and Tin.

Then last night I got to talk on the phone with my bestest friend in the whole world, Hope. What's really funny is that no matter how short or long the intervals between our talk-sessions are, I don't feel it. No awkwardness, no uneasiness -- just talking and talking about stuff going on with our lives. The distance is a bitch because this is the girl I've been best friends with since kindergarten and I can't believe it's been months since I last saw her, but I find comfort in knowing that she's still my Enemy, and I'm still hers :P

I won't be doing another dramatic/emo post about how it pains me that we're going on different paths and that we're not as close as we were anymore. Because that's already a given. Things will change. But I guess it's true what they say that friendships kick long distance's ass. It doesn't matter how long it was since we last saw each other, because when we do get to spend time each other it's as if there wasn't any separation at all. We just bond like we used to. So what, we're not going to be schoolmates in St. Paul anymore. I can deal with that. And besides, the separation only makes room for more stories and issues and chikahans later on -- who wouldn't love that? :)

Stupid us, we didn't take a single photo. Guess we just have to wait for a next time.


Losing my mojo.

I don't know what is happening to me but I think I may have been losing my updating mojo for the past weeks. I really do not know why! I'm losing interest in updating my accounts, most especially my Plurk. When I first joined Plurk, I wanted to just Plurk all day, and now.. I don't even open my account anymore. I even considered [gasp!] deleting it.

I unofficially "closed" by blog on Multiply as well. I didn't see the point of updating that blog when I have this one. I know Blogger doesn't have privacy settings like that of Multiply, but I guess I'm just tired of keeping more than one blog when I've lost the will to update anyway. And besides, I don't have anything to write there anymore that is different from what I write here. I mean, sure I do post emo stuff there from time to time, but I figured, I have my real journal for that. I don't need the whole world knowing about my overly-dramatic emotional breakdowns. Everyone else has their own problems to worry about. [I can't believe I'm actually saying this. Haha] And because of that.. My Multiply would now be for my photos only.

I haven't been doing blog-hopping duties as well. I'm sorry online friends. I promise I will make it up to you.

What's wrong with me?!


I am sixteen going on seventeen..


On a happier note, only a few more days to go and I'm about to kiss my sweet sixteen goodbye! I've always waited for the time I can sing along to this song by Liezl on the Sound of Music. And now that's it's coming.. I cannot wait! :)

This is probably the most different birthday I will ever have. First of all, my dad and two of my titas are out of the country on the 26th. Second, it will be the first time that I'll be celebrating it on a vacation: sembreak. And third, I won't be having the usual party here at home with my friends and relatives. I thought it would be better to celebrate separately with my HS and college friends just so we could have more fun. I wouldn't want anyone getting left out with inside jokes and anecdotes that the other party might not know about. I already have a plan with my college friends, but I'm worrying about the party with my HS mates. We all have different schedules, some of them are not on a sembreak [*ehem La Salle ehem Mapua ehem*] and I still don't know where we're going and what we're supposed to do. Hanging out here in my house is certainly out of the question because as they said, it's "so high school." What to do, what to do?

I'm freaking out over my birthday because as what one good friend said, I am such a "birthday girl." One little trivia about me, when I meet someone new, the first thing I ask about them after knowing their name is their birthday. I don't know why but I feel closer to people once I find out. I like asking them their age, zodiac signs.. I'm weird but I think birthdays say a lot about the person. In short, I get excited over birthdays -- most especially mine. I look forward to the day I can officially call my own. I can't stand not doing ANYTHING for this special day. But can you really blame me? I like cake. And the gifts don't hurt either :)


I'm off to watch OTH again. Right now, I'm more in love with Jamie than anyone else on the show. He's the most adorable character everrr! Don't y'all agree? :)





________________________________________________________________