home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

high school for a day.


Because me and my Kas-mates are just so freakin' cool, we decided to wear our high school uniforms for our Quiz Bee last Thursday. And boy, was it F-U-N!


St. Paul, UPIS, Miriam, St. Mary's

Kas1 girls

WOW, KASmates!
(Photo credit: Chantal!)


I miss high school. Wait, that's an understatement. I TERRIBLY, SORELY, REALLY MISS HIGH SCHOOL. There, I said it. It has only been five months and yet I feel like St. Paul is such a distant memory already. The moment I put the uniform on, I had an instant nostalgia attack! I remember getting ballpen and highlighter stains on my blouse, losing my necktie, my feet hurting because of my deadly heels, hiding my cellphone in my pocket instead of surrendering (oops!).. an outrage of memories came pouring in. This may sound cheesy, but no matter how much fun college is, there will always be a part of you that will long for high school. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think high school in the Philippines is as overrated as it is in the US, where Regina Georges and Cady Herons exist. Sure, we had "bitches" and "outcasts," but things aren't as harsh as they were in the other countries. Right?

Which is why high school is so miss-able. Because my experience was not at all bad. It was extremely amazing. Chantal and I planned on wearing my uniform all throughout the rest of the day, but it was getting to hot and I just had to take it off. Plus it was a hassle to run around AS in heels! As I looked at the mirror one last time, it felt like graduation night all over again. It was hard removing the uniform, because it was a remembrance of so many things. For the short time that I wore it, I was a Paulinian again, and it felt great. I believe that an hour and a half was too short to satisfy my yearning for my dear alma mater. But as always, one must let go. No amount of longing can ever bring the past back, and alas, I was brought back to reality. High school may be over, but being a Paulinian won't be.

Oh, by the way, our group placed 3rd in the quiz bee -- out of 4. LOL. But that's okay. We had fun naman. (Haha, bitter!?) Congrats, Group 3! :)


Can't PHELPS falling in love.

Yes, terrible pun intended. But I can't deny that Michael Phelps has got me swooning over him like mad! 8 gold medals, 7 world records, 1 Olympic record -- my God, who wouldn't fall in love with him?! I would gladly pretend to drown if it meant having him save me! But on second thought.. it would be lovelier to be with him in the sea, swimming together onto the glorious sunset.. *moments of silence for daydreaming* He just made me love swimming even more! Now I know what my PE for next sem would be :) He made it to my "Hot Men Who Should Save Me If Ever I Need A Mouth-to-Mouth Resuscitation" list. Haha!

Demmit, HE'S SO HOT!!
I love him super! ♥

I'm currently watching the closing ceremony for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit sad because it's over already! For the past weeks, I've been watching almost all events I can in all the Solar channels. And what fun it was! As you all know, I'm not very athletic so I rarely enjoy watching sports because 1.) I suck at them, and 2.) I don't get them. But after watching the Olympics, I'm not a little less naive especially regarding the more unknown events like the pole vault or judo. It was also a little bonding experience for me and my dad because we'd stay up late at night during weekends finishing all the basketball games or athletics events. Laugh trip, and super enjoy! For a while, I got addicted -- ask my friends! Awww. I'm gonna miss the Olympics! Can't wait for 2012 at London! :)


This got me speechless. I cannot believe it. T_T


For the past weeks or so, I've been hearing rumors about a Philippine version of Gossip Girl in the works. It was rumored that KC Concepcion and Anne Curtis will play the roles of Serena and Blair respectively. I was relieved that that turned out to be false. However..




One word: UGGHHHH.


Not quite over.

Just when I thought I can finally enjoy this weekend, our SocSci2 professor announces that our first long exam would be on Thursday next week. Oh, the horrors! As I have mentioned before, this may be my toughest subject yet because we have an extremely difficult professor. She talks and talks about irrelevant things, or in the rare instances that she does discuss about the philosophers, she keeps on repeating the things she's saying for the whole hour or so! It doesn't help that we have to study five philosophers, and four of which we just discussed in the last week (we were discussing Plato for one month). I feel incredibly nervous! I don't know what to expect from this subject. But I shall not let the pressure get to me. I just watched a snippet of the documentary The Secret, and it said that when you think of positive thoughts, the positive energy will come back to you. I now have new mantra: "I will pass SocSci2. I will pass SocSci2. I will pass SocSci2!!"

Oh, and I have another one pa.
"I will lose weight! I will have flat abs! I will be sexy!"


Because looking good is the sweetest comeback.
Right, Andy & Jamie? ;)



________________________________________________________________