home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

come sweeten every afternoon :)


It's Monday again tomorrow. Which means going back to the dorm. Which means it's already Week Number 4. Which means I can't afford to get lost in UP anymore. Which means the teachers are starting to rev up their sungit modes. Which means school work starts piling up. Which means exams and quizzes might just be around the corner. Which means no more social life. Which means I'm turning into a regular college student. Which means things are turning out to be what they ought to be: normal.


After three weeks of being in college, I guess it's safe to say that I'm getting pretty used to it. Of course, I still have midterms and finals that I have yet to conquer, but thankfully I'm morphing slowly, albeit still a little reluctantly, to my old geeky self. I read a chapter or two from my books/readings everyday, I finish the assignments on the night they were given, I just automatically do homeworks even when not required. The Return of Karla the Nerd? I hope this all goes for the best though. The other day Trixie and I were talking about the perks of living in a dorm, and we both agreed that aside from the convenience, it really just frames your mind into studying, because you literally have nothing else to do but accomplish your school work. You're out of your comfort zone, and you're forced to get something done -- a paper, a chapter -- anything! In short, the dorm brings out the scholastic in us. Haha.

So anyway.. yesterday was fun. A small get-together was held at Tin's house with my high school barkada. It was supposed to be the grand reunion we've been waiting for since May, but alas only six out of the ten arrived. I was especially saddened that Hope wasn't there. I haven't seen her since, what, March?! I'm not used to not seeing my best friend, especially since we've been classmates for nine years. In fact, I'm not used to not seeing every single one of my barkada everyday. I miss talking to them, sharing private jokes with them, just looking at each other and knowing what the other one is thinking -- those kind of small moments that prove how strong your friendship is. Cheesy much :P

As we talked about our experiences as official kolehiyalas (with the exception of Mikka, who is yet to start going to school. Grabe ang Mapua ah! July 8! Haha), it felt strange hearing my friends talk about people I don't know. It's like they're living a whole different life, and I'm saddened because selfishly, I'm not in it. It is rather unusual to hear of people I haven't even seen, but are the constant buddies of my best friends. Despite the excitement I feel for each of them comes this ugly, heavy feeling sinking through my chest, because I start feeling the real "separation." Slowly, our lives are getting more and more untangled, and before I know it, we're old and getting married already, and have never seen each other in years. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but of course I can't help feeling upset especially when it's not so impossible. Haha, wait, I think I'm going all dramatic on this again. LOL. I don't know, I guess I just really, really miss them. I hope there will be a next time soon -- and I hope we're complete! Sana sa UAAP! :)

with my girls Mikka and Trixie :)

Speaking of.. UAAP opens next week! July 5, to be exact. And guess what? WE'RE GOING TO WATCH LIVE IN ARANETA! Drea, Inna, and I are planning to buy the "expensive" front-row tickets: Php 250! Hehe. Of course, we want to see our crushes' faces for real! It's way beyond thrilling that we now have a school to cheer on -- and we memorized the cheers and movements na ha! Bring it on! :P I can't wait for Season 71! U-nibersidad ng Pilipinas!! :)

Thank God our Walking prof required us to watch the opening. Thank God for Walking :) Something to look forward to every week.. hehe! (Cute classmate, added bonus?!) GO KARLA! Sesexy na talaga ako :))

me and Inna

me, Inna, and Drea after walking.
(May lanyard na akooo!)


Off to my bloghopping duties! :) We have Smart Bro na.. hopefully may Internet na kami next week sa dorm. Yehey! Adios, y'all ♥



"My head is battling with my heart
My logic has been torn apart
And now it all turns sour
Come sweeten every afternoon

Say you'll stay,
don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way, yeah I need to know
All about you."


-- SWAY by Bic Runga



________________________________________________________________