home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

A checklist of sorts.


Sometimes, it takes the most random of songs to make you evaluate how life has been for you since you last heard it. Thank you for the nice little surprise, Panic! At The Disco. (And consequently, thank you Shuffle mode.)


[x] Things are shaping up to be pretty odd
[x] Little deaths in musical beds - More like, little deaths in every verse and rhyme
[x] So it seems I'm someone I've never met - !!!

[x] You will only hear these elegant crimes
Fall on your ears from criminal dimes
They spill unfound from a pretty mout
h -
My increasing indifference is both a boon and a bane.

[x] And everybody gets there, everybody gets there - Eventually. But when you get there you realize there's a whole new journey ahead of you.
[ ] And everybody gets their way - Not all the time.
[ ] I never said I missed her when everybody kissed her
[x] Now I'm the only one to blame - Because I don't think I want to blame some cosmic force behind life anymore. Although a part of me still resists. (As evidenced by my belief in the power of Shuffle.)

[x] I want to go where everyone goes - I want to go somewhere; some place where being who I am won't stop me from doing stuff I want to do.
[x] I want to know what everyone knows
[ ] I want to go where everyone feels the same - Not particularly.

[x] I never said I'd leave the city - I've always been a city girl, and I have no plans of leaving.
[x] I never said I'd leave this town
[x] A falling out we won't tiptoe about - It's best to talk about some things rather than let it slip away quietly.

[x] Things have changed for me, and that's okay
[x] I feel the same, I'm on my way, and I say
[x] Things have changed for me, and that's okay


Two years ago, when I first heard this song, I was lying face-up on my dorm bed, with tears falling down to my ears, wondering why college has been so harsh, so different. The transition was difficult; it was hard to make things okay again. And now, hearing it again made me think: Life's not any easier, if anything, it's much harder. But life is different now, and I've settled into this complication. Maybe it's maturity, or maybe just a matter of getting used to things -- nonetheless, I'd like to believe I've grown up. Perhaps. Possibly. A lot.



________________________________________________________________