home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

Shuffle Wednesday - 0526


It's Wednesday today and guess who's not forgetting? :) I came back from Singapore last Monday evening and boy did I have a blast! Universal Studios Singapore was just pure awesome! I had a loooot of fun. And of course, the shopping was incredible! I won't be spilling the beans on where I got most of my new stuff, but let's just say my wardrobe just got a lot cuter :) I shall definitely return to Singapore! Anyway, on to business. I wrote down the songs from the return flight to Manila. It surprised me actually because I found them quite cohesive. And aptly very relaxing. Too bad my iPod konked out in the last hour of the flight. :|

The Airplane Shuffle (Singapore - Manila Mix)

The Geek In The Pink by Jason Mraz
"I could be the one to turn you out / We could be the talk across the town / Don't judge me by the color, confuse it for another / You might regret what you let slip away / Like the geek in the pink"
- For some reason I can totally identify with this song. And yes, this also further strengthens my theory that geeks are really hot.

I Write Sins Not Tragedies (Cover) by The String Quartet
- You definitely have to download all the String Quartet covers of famous songs, most especially the rock and alternative ones! Must-hear!

Love Soon by John Mayer
"You can cross the line whenever you want to / I'm calling it love soon / Close your mind and waste some time if you have to / I'm calling it love soon / It's not about you now / it's what we are"
- The perfect song for that "More Than Friends, Less Than Lovers" stage. I'm telling you, John Mayer is a god.

All That I Want by The Weepies
"And when the cold wind's blowing / Snow drifts through the pine trees / In houses lights are glowing / Likewise in your eyes that find me here / With all that I want"
- It's a cute Christmas song to snuggle to.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by Amy Winehouse
"I'd like to know that your love / Is love I can be sure of / So tell me now, cause I won't ask again / Will you still love me tomorrow?"
- This song reminds me of this scene in (500) Days of Summer after Tom and Summer fight about their "status" and Summer comes over to apologize. Then Tom says, "I just need consistency. I need to know you won't wake up tomorrow and feel a different way." Aww.

More Today Than Yesterday by Spiral Starecase
"I love you more today than yesterday / But not as much as tomorrow / Oh I love you more today than yesterday / But darling not as much as tomorrow"
- Some old songs just never go out of style. Simple yet very sweet. Romantic but not overly cheesy. Also, this reminds me of Ayala Malls. Heehee.

Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne
"Stacy's mom has got it going on / She's all I want and I waited for so long / Stacy can't you see / You're just not the girl for me / I know I might be wrong / But I'm in love with Stacy's mom"
- EPIC. This was one of my favorite songs in Grade 6. I loved this song and the video too! It's what every pre-pubescent boy's fantasies are made of.

Good Times Gonna Come by Aqualung
"Need to know / If you're letting go / It's alright, alright, it's alright / Didn't know / I was hurting you so / It's alright, alright, it's alright"
- Aqualung has mastered the art of writing haunting, heart-wrenching songs. It sings of pain and struggle, but also of willingness and sacrifice.

A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds To Mars
"It's a beautiful lie / It's the perfect denial / Such a beautiful lie to believe in / So beautiful / beautiful lie"
- Aaaah. Another 30STM classic. This is another one of those songs I would so wholeheartedly sing in the shower to let out all my frustrations and anger. Hahaha. Well, if the melody isn't enough to make you feel angry, the words will. Liessss.

Lie In The Sound by Trespassers William
"I love you more than I should / So much more than is good for me / More than is good / Oh the timing is cruel / Oh I need and don't want to need / More than I should"
- I love this song. I first heard it in OTH 2x01, during Nathan and Haley's wedding. It's the perfect encapsulation of this frustrating, needy feeling we all have when we're at the threshold of giving up but still holding on, just because.

Labels:




________________________________________________________________