home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

i find solace in rainy days.


I'm here blogging at my mom's office. A few hours from now, we'll be buying my school supplies. Waah! Now the countdown would really have to start. Hopefully, we'll be watching a movie too (Poseidon, I think) so at least we'll have a pre-Mother's Day bonding time. Hehe.

It's super duper rainy today. On our way to the office, the traffic was jammed, the raindrops were making loud noises on the car's roof and the feeling was so cold. But I like it. Somehow, the emo-ness of the rain makes me feel at peace. For most people, it brings them the blues, especially now, that most people are still ate the beach supposedly enjoying what's left of summer. But me, I really feel so happy when it rains. I don't know. What is it with rainy days and being in my mom's office in Makati that makes me feel so..relieved? Hmm.

"No matter where you sit in New York you feel the vibrations of great times and tall deeds, of queer people and events and undertakings."
-- Essays of E.B. White
E.B. White

Call me jologs but I really want to watch this show on GMA 7 called "I Luv NY" not because I like the stars in it, but simply because I'd looove to see New York. Man. I've been dreaming of going there since forever! The lights, the buildings, the people. For me, the atmosphere is unbelievably amazing. Almost all my favorite movies and books are set in the Big Apple. Breakfast At Tiffany's. An Affair To Remember. Sleepless In Seattle. Serendipity. Gossip Girl. Generation Girls. Sex and the City (Carrie Bradshaw, people!). The list goes on and on and on.. and with each and every book I've read and movie I've watched that had NY on it, I'd end up loving the place more. Haaay. One day, I will go to that place. I'll shop like crazy in Tiffany's, Barney's and all the other shops there. I'll read the New York Times every morning. I'll go up the Empire State Building. I'll see shows on Broadway. I'll see the Statue of Liberty. I'll go there and make it big. I'm not after Hollywood's stardom or Florida's sunshine. I'm after the adrenaline of the City That Never Sleeps. I want to be a part of it, New York, New York! =)

Sometimes fate finds a way to just bring you back. To places you thought you've left. To people you thought you've hated. To feelings you thought you've forgotten. To songs you thought will never make you feel the same way again. Broken Sonnet used to be my favorite song. It WAS the song of my life. The way it serenades my spirit everytime I hear it, the way it makes my heart flip everytime the words enter my ear, only Broken Sonnet can do that. But after Hale's super stardom status (because of the ear-deafening "The Day You Said Goodnight")and the birth of its boyband-slash-pacute package, I really started to dislike it bit by bit. And I thought, as I buried my love for Hale, I shall bury my love for their songs as well. Wrong. I may not like the band that much anymore, but hearing the song again disproved my statement. As I heard the first few notes of the song on my iPod (it was on shuffle mode), the memories came flowing back. The joy, the pain, the longing. And suddenly, I was in the past again. To the time when I hoped for love, for happiness. To a time that gave me hope that one day everything will be alright, everything I ever wanted would be mine again. The moment was so magical. The song brought me on a high. It was almost unexplainable. And as the song ended, I felt like I just crashed into a million tiny pieces. Sometimes I just have to accept the fact that there are some things you can never let go. Like Broken Sonnet. It IS and WILL ALWAYS BE my song. It is the song that best explains how I feel and how I will feel. Time may pass, people may leave, feelings may change, but Broken Sonnet will never leave me. It has left its mark and I am, forever branded. "Lie down, right next to me and I'll never let go."

Chris was voted out. NO!! He was one of my bets. The other one is Elliott. Go Elliott! I'm crossing my fingers for you. =)
Gotta go. Lotsa love. Mwaaaah! =)


"You stand in thelight just to hit a new low
You're faking a smile with the coffee to go
You tell me your life's been way off line
You're falling to pieces everytime
And I don't need no carryin' on.."
-- Bad Day by Daniel Powter



________________________________________________________________