home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

thou shall not steal.


It's one of the commandments. And a good Catholic SHOULD follow it.

People always say I'm too jealous, too possessive. I grew up an only child, with no one to share my things so this is pretty much natural. I'm not selfish.. I just want to make sure what's mine is mine alone. There are just some things you cannot share and doesn't it make you MAD when someone attempts to steal them from you?

Exhibit A.
You make your own aliases and screen names. You use them as your signature, your Yahoo ID and as your codename. Everybody knows it's yours. But wow, all of a sudden you see someone else use it on Friendster. Well, hello, now everybody knows her for YOUR username. How nice.

Exhibit B.
You make something on your own, with your own time, creativity and effort. You learned everything from scratch and surprise! You see it being used by someone else and takes credit for it. Hello, hello again. You want to snap at her but you can't.

Exhibit C.
You want to forget that this someone is stealing something from you. You want to forgive her. You just want to put it all behind you and pray that she will not do it. You try your best to control yourself when you see her, you try to erase all evil thoughts, you force yourself to shut up when the very sound of her name comes up. But when she's there, in flesh and you see her attempting to steal your thing, you just want to explode right then and there.

I can't crack in school so I'll just do it here. How could they?! How could they sleep at night when they know they actually stole SOMETHING from someone?! How could they look at this person straight in the eye when they know that they did something wrong? HOW?! How do they manage to walk with chin up high and say "Hey! I'm an original!" when in fact they aren't? You know what, I'm actually being good here because I do not attack them in person. I actually try to forget them. But when I think about it, I just can't help but feel so irritated and betrayed. The first two are actually, well forgiven (sort of). But the last one.. oh God. I do not know when or how I am going to put her in the forgiven list but I know for sure it's not going to be anytime soon. It is so freakin' hard to love the people who hurt you. You try to compromise and forgive.. but they don't do anything about it. Are they numb or something? Aren't they even aware of their surroundings?!

I better stop. This is probably enough to make me feel okay for a little while.

By the way, I had fun at the Youth Camp yesterday even though it was corny. I made new friends! Yaaay! Hope they don't become enemies. :)

I'm currently loving Bio, specifically our topic these days, Genetics. That's why I have to study for it. Hehe. Gotta run.

Love to all those who don't steal. And to those who feel what I'm feeling now.












"dahil ako'y nasasabik sa muli mong pagdampis sa aking labi.."



________________________________________________________________