home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

compliment overload.


I never thought such a thing exists until it happened to me.

Most people love receiving compliments, and I would be a hypocrite if I say I don't. Seriously, when I receive compliments such as "You're pretty," or "Ganda mo talaga," or "I think you're really nice," or something like that, it makes my face red and my ear heat up. I'm flattered. And it makes me smile.

But too much of something is not good.

Everyone keeps on complimenting me on my new bangs and straight hair. And I will be honest, I had it rebonded. I was so jealous of my mom who had her hair rebonded some months back so i decided to get mine done too. And now, it's softer, smoother, easier to manage.. you get the point. I mean, yeah I do look better and I feel great about it. I like it. I like receiving compliments because of it. But what if the conversation goes like this?

Situation 1: A friend walks up to you with a smile on her face.
Person: Ganda ng hair naten ha? Pina-rebond mo?
Me: Hinde, shinampoo ko lang yan.
Person: Di nga?
Me: Hinde, ni-rebond nga.
Person: (smile suddenly disappears) Ay, sayang ang ganda pa naman ng buhok mo dati. Hindi kaya masira yan after a few months? Parang kay *tooot*?

Situation 2: You're talking to a friend during recess.
Me: Sige na nga I'll tell you the truth. Nagpa-rebond ako.
Person: Ha? Nagpa-rebond ka?
Me: (nods)
Person: (with a big smirk on her face, parang I killed someone) Bakit?!?!


Well sorry if I wanted to look prettier. Sorry if I can't stand the fly-aways anymore. Sorry if I think I look better with straight hair than my usual sometimes-wavy-sometimes-undefinable hair. YES I HAD MY HAIR REBONDED. Does that make me less of a person? Just this morning my dad kept saying how smooth and silky and black my hair is, in a very very very sarcastic tone. What's up with that? So I spend a few thousand bucks on my hair. I saved for it. Yes, I actually did. And it makes me feel better that I spent my money on something that would make me feel good. Is that wrong? I mean, what's wrong with a little pampering? I know most of you will say, "Yuck, fake pala hair ni Karla." Well let me tell you what's fake. At least I did it because I liked it, not because everyone else is doing it. If I did it to become popular, well why have it rebonded? It's so last season. the waves are in now. But I still pushed through with it because I know I look good with straight hair. And FYI, I promised myself to save up for the treatments every 3 months or so to actually maintain it, and not let it be like *toooot*'s hair.

Haaay. There I've done it. So if you ever plan on complimenting me sarcastically, well don't. Because I could just explode right in front of you. Compliments are supposed to be NICE, not an insult in disguise.

The vaccine pushed through. Ack. My left bicep is aching like someone punched me. And my flour-filled balloon popped. :( Boo hoo.

Love to all who loved my hair. :)








"And I really really really care
And I really really really want you
And I think I'm kinda scared
'Cause I don't want to lose you.."



________________________________________________________________