home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

A cycle of violence


I think my feelings for law school can be summed up in this one line from People vs. Genosa, which is ironically, from a subject that is not exactly on my list of favorites right now (thanks to a former prof who hates my guts-- but that's for another post altogether):

More graphically, the battered woman syndrome is characterized by the so-called “cycle of violence,” which has three phases: (1) the tension-building phase; (2) the acute battering incident; and (3) the tranquil, loving (or, at least, nonviolent) phase.


Oh god, I am in an abusive relationship with law school. And yes, despite this kind of treatment, I am deluding myself into staying, because jesuschrist I just want to be loved back.


__

Labels:




________________________________________________________________