home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

felice nuovo l'anno!!


Happy New Year, everyone! After the jumping, screaming, shouting, firecracking (HAHA) and eating.. I hope you all welcomed 2007 with complete body parts. =) The year 2006 has indeed been a rollercoaster ride for me, with lots of drama and surprises. But I'm glad I survived it all, and now here I am facing a new year with new hopes, dreams and soap opera-ish events. And of course, with this time of the year comes the dreaded new year's resolution. I can still remember mine a year ago: to be like Haley. And how do I fare on my Haley scale? Well, I don't know, but I'm sure I could've done better. I know there were times when I became as bitchy as Brooke or as selfish as Peyton.. hehe. Hey, nobody's perfect, right? But at least there's still room for improvement.. so I think I'm going to keep that resolution. And aside from that, I'm really going to try to be a better person in almost every way I can. Oh, and yeah I'm gonna try to shed off some pounds.. God, I'm so fat already!! Have you seen me lately?! Well, well, so much for year of the pig.

I've changed my layout by the way, in case you haven't noticed. And yes, I made this one on my own! Yeheyy! It's been too long, and though I love the layout from BlogSkins, I think it blocked my thoughts. I mean, have you read my previous posts? Lame-o. Well, I hope this layout will hopefully bring some positive changes. I made this one from scrap, as in from zero. As all of you may know, I'm still using my dad's old laptop. No Adobe, no FrontPage (hey I'm not perfect!), no Nokia PC Suite, no CD drive, only one USB drive (for the printer) and it's very, very slow. So this layout is practically a miracle! Haha. Back to the basics I guess. Anyway, while waiting for this very slow computer to load, I amused myself by reading my tita's Italian phrase book and dictionary, and I got the idea of using Italian words for my nav box. So, that explains the weird syllables you can see on your left. Haha. But the title of this layout, Amo Ergo Sum is actually Latin for I love therefore I am, which I got from Gossip Girl. I think Rene Descartes should seriously consider that philosophy. =)

Speaking of foreign words, I love the Italian translation of Bombastarr: La Bomba Stella. NICE, right? It sounds so classy and sophisticated. I'd love to learn how to speak Italian or French one day. They're such wonderful languages, don't you think? When I watch the Italian or French channels on cable (out of boredom) I enjoy listening to how the words are pronounced. They have a beautiful sound, don't you agree? It's like the words always flow gracefully in their language. Hmm. One day, I shall be able to go to conquer Europe! Fare l'entrata per La Bomba Stella!

Anyway, I just got home from my coffee date at Starbucks with my two Kuyas and tita. I had a Peppermint Mocha (take note: decaf, non-fat and no whipped cream. I really am determined to lose weight!) and boy, was it delicious! It's my new favorite, actually. It's not too strong, and it's got the perfect minty-bittersweet taste. Highly recommended. I've moved on from my addiction from Mocha Valencia.. Peppermint Mocha is LOVE! =) Thank God for coffee, it's one of the things that keep me sane. It's my drug. I'm a coffee junkie. Yeaaah. Without it, I'd most probably be in a mental asylum, right now -- HAHA. Oh and by the way, I already have the 2007 Starbucks Planner! Add in my OTH Calendar which I got from Christmas (yes, it's the real thing straight from the States!!), 2007 just got a lot better.

I really, really, really wish that this year will bring me lots of smiles and happiness! And the genuine kind. I know it's very cliche, but I just really want to feel fulfilled. I'm tired of being yanked out of stable ground just when things are starting to fall into place. I hope this year will be filled with more laughs rather than tears. I hope I can really become the best person I can be. But more importantly, I hope I have the strength to be who I want to be. I want to be strong enough to assert myself, to say no to something I don't want, to express what I really feel and to do what I have to do. I pray you all have the strength as well, because I know we could all use a little courage inside us sometimes. Here's to a strong and blissful 2007: CHEERS!

"Here we go, life's waiting to begin."




________________________________________________________________