home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

merry christmas!! :)


In only a few more hours, Santa will be riding his sleigh with his oh-so lovable reindeers, children worldwide will be waiting for their presents, moms and dads will be busy filling up socks and somewhere out there in a town called Paranaque, a little girl named Karla will be crossing her fingers that hopefully she is on Santa's List of Nice Kids and she'll be getting her One Tree Hill DVDs. Haha.


Wow I can't believe it's Christmas eve already. Time flies by soo fast. Sheesh. Talk about cliche. And I must admit, I really am excited. Just thinking about the food, the gifts and the smell of new crispy paper bills makes my heart go thump-thump! I have been thinking about these for weeks. They make me look forward to Christmas even more. The other night I was watching etc when I saw this commercial of a young boy, about five years old with a lymphatic disease. I wasn't sure what it was called but it looked serious. And yet the little boy was smiling in the picture as if not minding his very serioud illness. It made me cry big time. "This boy managed to smile and be happy despite his sickness," I thought. "And me? I get blackheads and I couldn't even smile for the camera." No, no, no, beauty is not my point. What I'm trying to say is that I, who have so much more, always complain and ask and complain and ask for things I don't really need. But that boy, who needs an operation and huge amounts of medication doesn't even say a word of irritation or anger. Instead, he smiles, a kind and sincere smile. A smile that can warm a thousand hearts like mine. How I wish I could help that boy if only I wasn't too busy crying that I didn't get to catch the number to call. Tsk, tsk. Anyway, after that dramatic moment I tuned back to the other show I was watching and fell asleep. But somehow, that boy stayed on my mind.

Sometimes, I get caught up with all the shopping, wrapping, buying and wishing (for gifts.. haha) that I forget what I am really preparing for. All this waiting and making a countdown actually stops me from thinking about who is coming. And that's Jesus. It is not wrong to give presents to people we love or to prepare food on our table but I'm glad that it wasn't too late when I realized that we don't do this to impress but to share the love that will come into the world through Jesus. It is a celebration of the coming of our Savior. I failed to see what Christmas truly is these past few weeks, what with all the giant boxes and large number of presents piling up under the tree. But I am thankful that somewhere out there, a little boy made me realize how lucky I am that I am loved, and that with this love I have, I can share it to others who need it more. I may not be able to deposit large amounts of money or give expensive gifts but I sure know what I'm going to give the less-fortunate this Christmas.. but I just ran into a problem. How do you gift wrap a prayer? :)

Merry Christmas everyone! Enjoy your holiday! God bless to you and your family.











"Hark the herald angels sing, glory to the newborn king!"



________________________________________________________________