home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

Endgame


I swear I'm going to cry when this scene makes it to Avengers Endgame.

It's the end of an era. I'm already tearing up just thinking about it! I'm both excited and incredibly sad that the MCU as we know it is about to end (or change - tremendously.) But it's been an incredible ten-year ride thus far. The entire franchise has told us so many compelling stories, shown incredible skill in filmmaking, reignited people's love for comic books and science fiction, and brought to life a lot of our childhood dreams and aspirations. They say it's silly to look up to fictional characters, especially ones that are as unrealistic as these superheroes. But at the end of the day, they really are not that much different. If there is anything I learned in all the movies I've watched and comics I've read in the last decade or so (and trust me, they're a LOT - my hard drives can attest to that!) it's this: evil may exist in all forms and all kinds, but there is so much more kindness, and compassion, and goodness in the world. It's in us. In our friends, our families. In strangers. It's inside even the most unexpected of people. It's there. We just have to keep trying to look for it, and let that goodness lead the way.

Whatever it takes.

I can't wait! Aaaaaaah! *Avengers theme song intensifies*



________________________________________________________________