home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

GPOY Friday




My favorite spot on campus is on this side of the Oval, the one looking onto Melchor Hall (College of Engineering), where I am facing when this photo was taken. The road stretches on before it turns left towards the University Avenue, but from where I am standing, it's just a beautiful, seemingly endless expanse of gray, with lines of yellow punctuating it, and lush greens hovering above it. Always a sight to behold, on sunny days and even after rain showers.

But I've learned to love the side where I have my back turned to as well. That building behind me houses the toughest times of my life, but it's also witness to some of the best. Malcolm will always be hell, but as reluctant I am to admit it, it has eventually become home. It took a while, but there it is.

Oh, UP.



________________________________________________________________