home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

Crazy, not-stupid, love


Remember that scene in Crazy, Stupid, Love, where Emma Stone "picks up" Ryan Gosling from the bar, after finally admitting to herself that she found him irresistible? Remember when he brought her back to his place, and Emma forces Ryan to reveal his big move, a.k.a. the Dirty Dancing Patrick Swayze/Jennifer Gray lift?




This is nothing like that. This isn't even close.

But it's the same song we danced to, and we've never felt this way before, I swear, it's the truth, and we owe it all to.. Just Dance :))

My college friend, Tof, celebrated his birthday last weekend and invited some of us over. I haven't seen the gang in a long, LONG time, and boy was I glad I found the time to drop by. I decided to bring Ludwin along since my college barkada is the only group of friends that he hasn't met yet (my high school friends - check, law school mates - check, sorority sisses - check); and it's about time they got to know him as well.

And well, what better way of getting to know, i.e. "initiating," the new guy than by asking him to dance? :)) It was my first time to play the game too, and it's definitely one for the books. It's not everyday we get to channel our inner Johnny and Baby! Hahahaha! Challenge accepted!



We were reluctant at first, but it was the birthday boy's request, so of course we couldn't refuse!



Obviously, I got carried away. A little too much, actually :))


New goal for 2015: do that final lift ever so effortlessly! We have the rest of the year to practice! WATCH OUT, YOU GUYS. Nobody puts these babies in the corner. :))))







________________________________________________________________