home           about           blog           archives           domain           exits           ask
 

a whole new world.


"I can show you the world, shining, shimmering, splendid."

Before me lies hundreds of tomorrows waiting to be discovered and ventured upon. I am on the last sentence of the end of a chapter, on the bridge or coda of a song, on the ending montage of scenes in an episode, or the final act before the credits. I am sitting on the line between the end and a new beginning, I can feel something new unfolding before my very eyes. I am almost there and my heart is nothing but ready to see what the world has in store for me.

"Tell me, Princess, now when did you last let your heart decide?"

Like a typical damsel in distress, I sometimes feel like I am locked up in my own palace stopping me from seeing beyond my walls. Fear has always gotten in the way preventing me from going to places. There are so many things I want but I cannot have all because I am afraid of failure, sadness, and defeat. I have been protecting myself from desolation that I failed to see how important it is to just let things be, and forgot how fulfilling it is to do something just because you want it.

"Over, sideways, and under, on this magic carpet ride."

They say that life is nothing but a journey full of ups and downs, sometimes resulting in heartbreaks and despair, but often bringing memories worth remembering. Once you embark on this expedition called life, there is nothing else you can do but hold on and keep going. Whatever tomorrow brings, be it good or bad, I just have to relish the moments. Life won't stop just because I do so might as well just strap in my seatbelt and enjoy the ride -- though technically magic carpets don't have seatbelts.

"A whole new world, a dazzling place I never knew."

I know that after graduation, many great things are waiting for me. I just may not know them now but I am certain that I will enjoy this new life. It may be hard and difficult, but there's nothing I want more than to hold my head up high and soar through the seemingly endless challenges. I know I can do it -- we call can. And when we're way up there, it's crystal clear, then I'll get to relish the wonderful new world. I can't wait. =)


-0Oo-



Tomorrow is the 62nd Commencement Exercises of our school, also known as the Graduation of Batch 2008. This is it! I cannot believe this is happening all to soon, but it is. I just hope that tomorrow, though the end of my Paulinian stay, will just be the beginning of something truly remarkable.


Loyalty Awardee
Second Honorable Mention
Certificate in Leadership
Certificate in School Representation


Not bad for the twelve years I've stayed in this school =)



________________________________________________________________